updated 3 September 2022
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers and answers a very simply question:
What am I focused on right now?
There are different areas in my life that have my focus. Here it goes…
- After a nice holiday in Italy and Germany we’re back in full work mode again. Right before our holiday I started to feel better again. Less tired and I could work a whole day again and still have energy left in the evening.
- The past weeks we’re working a lot on new texts and interviews for our clients. We follow an in-house training to get better at interviewing. Both in preparation and execution. There’s a lot to learn instead of just asking some questions. It is challenging and we get pulled out of our comfortzone. It feels good and difficult at the same time.
- New people start at Kaliber every month. We also say goodbye to people. Kaliber grows at a healthy rate and it gives us as team leads new challenges. How to attract, keep and grow talent, how to deal with security in our work processes. A lot of interesting questions where I don’t have a complete answer yet.
- School has started for the kids. Tess is at 5 VWO now, Finn is in group 6 of primary school. We had a lot of fun at our holiday in Italy. It was short but good. We were 11 years married during our holiday and Tess had arranged a fantastic dinner with spectacular view over the Tuscan mountains.
- Finn had great fun during the summer holiday. It is the first time we didn’t need to be too attentive at the swimmingpool, since he has both his swimming diploma’s. This gave us more peace of mind and rest at the side of the pool as well.
- We also stayed at a few hotels. We were surprised how well the kids liked this as well. It gave us some thoughts for a next holiday. Perhaps less camping and more city trips.
- We also made some plans to upgrade the interior of our house to give it a more hotel-like feel. Especially our bathroom and bedroom could use some more attention. We have a few things planned and hope to work on it soon.
- Unfortunately the tests on my liver didn’t give a conclusive diagnosis. It is still unclear from what the tiredness originates. I need another exam for my gall bladder, which could take a few months with the current waiting lists at hospitals.
- During the holidays I did some nice running through the hill sides of Tuscany. I start running more frequently and it feels great. I need to do core training as well but I keep postponing this. I hate core training excercises.
- For the last week I worked in Obsidian more frequently. I use it less as a casual notepad but start to connect more notes and ideas to each other. Drafts for blogposts are in it, as well as more reading notes.
- During our holiday I finished Internet for the People by Ben Tarnoff. A blogpost will follow
- I also read Player One by Douglas Coupland and started in Suitcase Clone by Robin Sloan.
- I listen to Jonge Jaren a lot. Especially to learn from Ernst-Jan Pfauth’s interview style. He has a great way to get stories from people and I like to listen to them.
This post is part of the ‘now page’ movement by Derek Sivers.